Seniors for Christ
What We Offer
The Seniors for Christ at Grace Bible Baptist Church is a ministry of men and women over 50 years of age who love the Lord.
We meet together the second Saturday of each month for a time of devotions, service, and fellowship. At the beginning of the year, activities are planned for the entire year. Over the past twelve years, our ministry has expanded to include the following activities:
- visits to the residents in the Meridian Nursing Home every other month for Bible study and individual visitations where the Word of God is preached to the residents in their dining hall; a time of food and fellowship follows the services; on some visits crafts made by seniors are presented to the residents
- a card ministry to the sick, shut-ins, and those who have lost loved ones
- praying for and writing to the missionaries supported by Grace Bible Baptist Church
- praying for, writing to, and sending care packages to college students
- hosting the annual Thanksgiving Dinner and the annual summer picnic for the older saints of the church and the church staff
- assisting the teachers new to the staff of Grace Bible Baptist School
The Lord has really blessed our ministry over the years. We have seen the Lord strengthen us spiritually, and we have seen His hand in our lives individually and collectively. We thank the Lord for each one who has helped us further the cause of Christ through this ministry, and we look forward to another year of service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Where can I learn more?
Meeting second Saturday of each month in the Church Fellowship Hall
Who to contact - Mrs. Rachel Penn
For Seniors over 50 years of age